Queen Elizabeth’s Girls’ School offers a broad and balanced curriculum for all students that:-
- Supports every student to fulfil her potential.
- Promotes and sustains a thirst for knowledge and understanding and a love of learning.
- Nurtures lively, imaginative and enquiring minds.
- Encourages students to develop initiative, to be independent learners and to take responsibility for their own learning.
- Develops creativity, critical awareness, empathy and sensitivity.
- Develops young people who take responsibility for their own behaviour and contribute positively to society.
- Fosters success and aspiration across the whole breadth of the curriculum and promote female representation in science, technology, engineering and maths careers.
- Meets the needs, aptitudes and interests of all students.
- Ensures students acquire knowledge and skills relevant to adult life and are innovative and equipped for the fast changing world around them.
- Stimulates an understanding of the world in which we live, including a local, national and international dimension.
- Encourages strong positive relationships between staff, students and parents/carers.
- Develop personal and moral values, respect for shared values and for other cultures, religions and ways of life.
- Promotes the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
- Creates extra-curricular opportunities for students to take part in a range of social, artistic, cultural, sporting, dramatic, musical, mathematical, scientific, technological and, where appropriate, international events and activities that promote aspects of SMSC development.
The KS3 and KS4 overviews below provide basic information on subjects and teaching time. For more detail on each subject please select from the list under More in Curriculum.
Information about the Post 16 Curriculum can be found in the Sixth Form area of the website.